12 Reminders to Make you Smile | Tina Case Photography San Francisco - San Jose Bay Area
12 Reminders to Make you Smile
Things don't always go as planned. That's probably the one thing you can reliably plan on. For example a few weeks ago I was all set to photograph the AT&T Pro-AM Golf Tournament in Pebble Beach. It would be the second time I got an 'inside-the-ropes' press pass to get some cool shots of celebrities and golf pros. I love doing events like that and capturing cool moments. But here in sunny, dought-ridden California, the day I was to go we had a downpour and such high winds that the event was postponed for several hours.
So with a rented 100-400mm lens in hand I had to make the most of it. I decided to go on a nature walk to Shoreline Park in Mountain View. It's a gorgeous, nature-filled walk with lots of birds including hawks, white-tailed kites, hummingbirds and one of my favorites, heron. Photos from that walk seemed to have ready-to-wear captions calling out to me, so here's my dozen shots using that lens plus a few others from recent photo sessions.
It's all about choosing to stay positive and remembering that our big worries are often small and insignificant when put into perspective.
1. Take a few minutes everyday to take in a bit of nature.
2. Sometimes being alone is okay. When you eat alone it doesn't matter how messy you get.
3. Even if your kite gets caught in a tree it doesn't mean it wasn't worth trying. Don't let the anticipation of defeat prevent you from trying.
4. If all you can think about is your bad day, start thinking about your loved ones. Thinking about someone else will cause your mood to shift especially when you do something for them that displays that love.
5. When the sun goes down people tend to stay inside. They forget how beautiful the night sky can be. Metaphorically even after you think you've past the prime of your life there's still plenty of light in your soul to keep shining
6. When you're feeling the weight of the world on you, change your perspective. The view from the mountain top helps put things in perspective.
7. When you're stressed and in a 'fowl' mood, take a nice, hot bubble bath.
8. Freedom comes at a price. Be grateful and don't take it for granted. Many fought so that you can experience that freedom.
9. You're never too old to try something new. Or learn a new tune.
10. When your soul needs to be refueled, try reading a good book. You'll feel energized.
11. Our eyes give us vision, but see the world with your heart. See the love in everyone.
12. When you've had a bad day, give someone else a hug. They may need it more than you.
No comments posted.
Get a free gift when you buy a bag!
What's in my favorite Thinktank Bag?
.. Find me on Flickr
.. Interview on Housing 1000
Popular Blog Posts
Recent PostsGetting my California RealID | Traveling Trifecta | Three Author Photos in ONE YEAR | Tina Case Photography Namaste y Pura Vida | A Costa Rica Mind, Heart, Body, Soul Women's Retreat MCP Adobe Lightroom Actions | Before and After Broadway & Musical Legends | Iris Dart, Mike Stoller and Artie Butler with The Guggenheims The Gift of Rally | The Heart of a Dog DIY Solar Filters Which Work Best? More 5 Minute Friends from Iceland and Ireland (F)ire and Ice | Our Whirlwind 6 days in Iceland and Ireland Olloclip for iPhone 7/7Plus